Re: SQLCODE vs. ORA-nnnnn msgs

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:59:37 +0100

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 19:46:04 GMT, spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow (Ed Stevens) wrote:

>Let's try this again, perhaps I can clarify.
>
>When an app issues a SQL statement, various bits of info are returned in a
>memory sturctue usually referred to as the SQLCA area. That area contains a
>numeric SQLCODE and and an alpha SQLERRM. Our apps typically check the SQLCODE
>after each SQL statement. They check for expected values (such as +100 for 'no
>more data') then have a common error routine for 'other'.
>
>We are in the process of converting some cobol apps from DB2/2 to Oracle. We
>know for a fact that some of the specific SQLCODE values being checked don't
>have the same meaning in Oracle as they do in DB2/2. We're looking for a
>reference for those values. Everything and everyone keeps pointing me back to
>the Error Msgs manual, but I'm not finding any reference to specific values or
>SQLCODE.
>
>Is there some way to correlate the value of SQLCODE to the numeric value in
>ORA-nnnnn msgs?
>
>My question is not 'I'm getting this SQLCODE value, what does it mean?" Rather,
>it is "I want to check for this condition, what SQLCODE value should I be
>looking for?"

The sqlcodes are *identical* to the ora-nnnn messages, with the exception of +100 for ora-1403, when you run in Ansi-compatibility mode.

So there are *NO SPECIFIC* sqlcodes.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Dec 06 2002 - 15:59:37 CST