Re: How to Insert documents to a BLOB field

From: acelestial <acelestial_at_twp.cwellington.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:40:13 -0500

Hi,
I'm not sure about the OLE object not "package"..Can you explain or point me to some links...
I guess, it is unpackage or OLE object is working fine because documents that I inserted using Insert Object in the form field, I can actually open them by double-clicking and they would open fine. I mostly insert MS Word documents...
I know that interMedia can display this format. I did a test of inserting/importing a Word document directly into the Oracle table in a BLOB field and it did display fine using interMedia. It seems that the problem of not displaying properly is when I insert the documents in the front-end using the Insert Object in Access. Thanks,
Arman

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:aspfrc$abg$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> acelestial wrote:
>
> > I use Access form to insert my documents in a record to the BLOB field
by
> > right-clicking the OLE Object bound field in the form, then Insert
Object