Exclude one piece of data from an export

From: Tim Shute <tshute_at_nisoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:56:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

We're looking at ways to 'copy protect' our Oracle database and application. We currently store a license key in a table on the database and read that when starting the application.

The trouble is, when you export the database, the license key goes with it. So, as long as you have the right version of the program and the right dump it's possible to rebuild an Oracle database on another machine and run the application.

Is there a way to prevent this one row from being exported into a dump? This would mean that the copied application and database would then need a new license key.

TIA Tim.
==