Silent Patchset Install ?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:47:52 -0000

Morning Leopold,

the problem with installing patchsets is, you invariably have to do some work on the instances as well - shut them down, rebuild bits, run scripts etc etc. It's quite difficult, I would imagine, to have a totally silent install.

Having said that, there is some documentation supplied with Oracle CDs which mentions how to set up RESPONSE FILES and some template examples are given.

On my Oracle 9i Release 2 CD set for Windows, there are example response files in the 'response' folder on disc 1. There is also a section in the docs on setting up a silent installation using response files and how to build your own staging areas from multiple CDs. This is the 'advanced installation' section of the Oracle 9i Database Installation Guide and seems to be in the doc\install\toc.htm file.

Have fun.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar