Re: How to Insert documents to a BLOB field

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:22:46 +0200

acelestial wrote:

> I use Access form to insert my documents in a record to the BLOB field by
> right-clicking the OLE Object bound field in the form, then Insert Object
> (embedded).
> My problem is, it displays garbage when I use intermedia to display a
> particular document

Question. Is an OLE object not "packaged" in some way? If so, then it needs to be unpackaged before it can be displayed. It is unlikely that intermedia will know it is a Microsoft OLE object and needs to be unpackaged.

> My index is working fine. It's only when I display/open the link above to
> view the document that I get garbage data instead.

What document type do you save as the OLE object? How sure are you that intermedia can display that document type or even recognise its format?

--
Billy