How to Insert documents to a BLOB field

From: acelestial <acelestial_at_twp.cwellington.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:48:46 -0500

Hi,
I have an Access Front-End application and an Oracle Back-End for my tables. I have a BLOB field in one of the tables. I use Access form to insert my documents in a record to the BLOB field by right-clicking the OLE Object bound field in the form, then Insert Object (embedded).
My problem is, it displays garbage when I use intermedia to display a particular document using this sample hyperlink

    "http://servername/intermedia/mediaget/myproceduretodisplaydoc/2" Am I doing the right process in inserting documents in a BLOB field using Access as front-end and Oracle as back-end? My index is working fine. It's only when I display/open the link above to view the document that I get garbage data instead. Any help is much appreciated.
TIA,
Arman Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 15:48:46 CST