Re: RAC on Linux

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2002 11:00:51 -0800

In article <6de2ae57.0212050936.701aaad1_at_posting.google.com>, piet.de.visser_at_cmg.com says...

>Group,
>
>We have installed OCF and ORacle RAC 92 on Linux Redhead 2.1 AS,
>went fairly smooth and all works fine.
>
>Two issues I want to discuss :
>1. would it be allowed to move ORACLE_HOME to the cluster-disk ?
> thus allow multiple nodes to use the same, physical, software.
> I know this is possible on openVMS and Tru64, and like the concept
>very much.

From what I understand without actually installing it, yes this is possible.

>2. Is is possible to run two nodes from a single init-file,
> linking initINST<nr>.ora, using include-file to point to a single
> initDB.ora file. and then specify parameters as :
><instance>.<parameter> = Value, e.g. INST1.sort_area_size = 1000000

Check out SPFILE's. This is exactly what can be done with them.

>TIA for your feedback.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 13:00:51 CST