Memory usage of Bulk Inserts

From: Yash <yashgt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:06:30 +0530

Hi,

In the application I am developing, I need to perform a bulk insert into a table by selecting from another table. I anticipate millions of rows in the source table.

My question is, will the bulk insert statement try to gather all rows from the source in memory and then perform the insert?

I want to make sure the operation does not fail due to lack of memory or lack of rollback segment space.

Is there an option, or hint that I can give in the INSERT command to avoid running out of memory?
Is there a way I can commit after INSERTing every 10000 records?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 22:36:30 CST