Number Width Issue when importing Oracle Data into ms Access

From: Ronnie Yours <ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:08:48 -0500

Hi,

I have a Table with a column having Number Datatype.

When I do a select on the column I get the result as

1* select api_well_no from borehole where rownum < 10 SQL> / API_WELL_NO

6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11

but if I do set numwidth 15 and reissue the same query I get the results as

API_WELL_NO

608054000500
608054000501
608054000270
608054000200
608054000700
608054000900
608054000901
608054000902
608054001000

Now my question is that I know I can set this in glogin.sql for sqlplus but i need to send the data to one of the users in an access table. i import the table into access and send the mdb file.

Now the problem is that the data is being imported as

6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11
6.0805E+11

and not

608054000500
608054000501
608054000270
608054000200

Is there any way I can fix this.

Thanks
Ronnie Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 14:08:48 CST