Re: where's the docs for this?

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 11:26:43 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<9u7nuukf5phmtpefrbm4veh522f0p56ebu_at_4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:29:53 GMT, spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow (Ed
> Stevens) wrote:
>
> >I'm not having much luck finding the docs for what may be the most fundamental
> >subject of all -- SQL return codes . . .
> >
> >For instance, everyone knows a +100 return code means 'not found' ....
> >
> >But which manual has the comprehensive documentation on all of those return
> >codes? I've poked around in Tahiti and the ng archives, to no avail. I'm sure
> >it must be there, but I've been unable to actually locate it!
>

> There are no real return codes, as they are simply the Oracle errors.
> The +100 you quote is just a remnant from Cobol (the +100 code is
> discussed in the Pro*C manual), which simply is equivalent to -1403
> (all return codes are negative numbers) meaning 'no-data-found' as
> usual.

oerr ora 100
00100, 00000, "no data found"

// *Cause: An application made reference to unknown or inaccessible data.
// *Action: Handle this condition within the application or make appropriate
//          modifications to the application code.
//             NOTE: If the application uses Oracle-mode SQL instead of
//             ANSI-mode SQL,ORA-01403 will be generated instead of ORA-00100.