multiplexing online redo logs

From: Uwe <uwe.embshoff_at_lit.lineas.de>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 07:07:26 -0800

Hello,

I want to multiplex my online redo logs on different disk. I used the following command to create an additional member for each of my 3 redo log groups:

ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE MEMBER
'/usr2/oracle/mnt2/oradata/ws93/redo01.log' TO GROUP 1;

To me, this doesn't seem to be enough, because when I change some data, these files are not updated. Only the initial redo log files are updated. When I look into v$logfile, they are "invalid". How can I set them to valid?

Thank you!!!
Uwe Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 09:07:26 CST