getting rid of distributed transaction

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2002 21:25:16 -0800

Oracle 8.1.7.3 on HP-UX 11.00

I saw this error message below and I am not sure how to solve it.

Error 28500 trapped in 2PC on transaction 11.54.3771. Cleaning up. Error stack returned to user:
ORA-02054: transaction 11.54.3771 in-doubt ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
[Transparent gateway for RDB]trying all tdps, ignoring failure ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from WTMTAIRW

I checked in pending_trans$ and saw the above transaction. How can I find the sid and serial# of the session that created the above transaction and possibly the dedicated oracle server process processid?

I did - rollback force '11.54.3771'; but this did not do anything after 2 hours.
The status in pending_trans$ shows 'Prepared'. Right now that transaction is holding some kind of lock on one table and I am not even able to select all records from the table. Any advice?

I have encountered a similar problem before with a dblink to another oracle database. That problem happened when the WAN went down. I found that I had to kill the dedicated server process to remove the lock on a table. Killing the session didn't do anything.

Thanks
Daud Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 23:25:16 CST