installed procedure builder from oracle developer 6.0 & corrupted oracle 817; can't uninstall oracle 817?

From: david spaisman <davedba._at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:53:15 GMT

Gentlemen

I just installed oracle 817 on my new machine with windows 2000.

Then I installed procedure builder from the oracle developer server 6.0 cd.
During installation, the oracle developer 6.0 installer wouldn't let me install in the oracle 817 home directory nor would it not let me install oracle developer server 6.0 in a separate directory. Finally i installed it in separate directories.

Procedure builder seems installed fine but oracle 817 is corrupted 1)-- I can't start the listener,
2) i can't log into sqlplus via windows or command line(i get a java executible error)
3) oradim doesn't work as I get a java.exe error 4) and when I try to deinstall the, "remove" button is disabled when I try to select the product(can't put a plus next to it.

  1. Do you have any ideas how I can remove oracle 817 and procedure builder and start over?
  2. How do I uninstall procedure builder?

I don't want to mess with the regedit and the registry.

Any ideas will be helpful.

David Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 18:53:15 CST