Re: Running Servlets inside ORACLE 8i Server

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:41:58 +0100

On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:00:31 +0000, Ram wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have Oracle 8i database running in windows 2000 server.
> I have created java classes and loaded them to server and called them
> from PLSQL
>
> I'm trying run servlets inside oracle.
> What do i need to do on the Oracle server side ( From install and
> configuration stand point ) to be able to run servlets inside oracle.
>
> TIA - RPG
Good job!

I'd recommend you pull the servlet code out of the database and run it outside.

I am not certain that J2EE features will continue to exist inside the database. From a performance point of view J2EE in the database ought to be VERBOTEN.

I think.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 14:41:58 CST