can Oracle DB can automaitc detect network disconnected?

From: jeng <jeng_at_argotek.com.tw>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:48:50 +0800

Hi,

   Is it possible to let Oracle DB to detect the network disconnected (like network fail)

   and logout the DB sesion automatically?

   Because we have unstable remote network connection, and we were bothered   by the hung DB sessions whick hold locks on DB objects.

   Is there any thing we can do to let the DB server to logout the DB sesion  whenever the network connection fail or client program abnormally aborted.

    TKS. Jeng jeng_at_argotek.com.tw Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 13:48:50 CST