Re: glogin, on windows, affecting all sqlplus sessions.

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:02:03 +0100

Sorry, but I see some confusion about glogin.sql and login.sql here.

When sqlplus is started it can run 2 scripts if found: a. glogin.sql in the sqlplus/admin directory under the Oracle home (global login)
b. login.sql in the directory where it is first found, searched in the order:

So: if you have a Windows client, the glogin.sql in the *client* Oracle home will run. It has sqlplus commands in it, the exe runs on the client, its impossible for it to access the glogin.sql on the server.

Just an idea: you could set up a glogin.sql on each Windows client machine when Oracle software is installed that calls a script in a common directory that is always available for all users and writable for authorised people only. You will have only 1 script to maintain for the entire environment. An alternative is to set up the SQLPATH registry key and include a common directory where login.sql can be found, but if users have access to the registry they could change it again.. as they can with the local glogin.sql probably.

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> schreef in berichtnieuws uadjnhq0c.fsf_at_standardandpoors.com...