Re: ora:01017 invalid username/password

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 06:41:02 +0100

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:19:58 -0000, "michael cooke" <michael.cooke_at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Thanks for the quick reply
>
>Am I right in saying then that user account creation is different in oracle
>81 as previously
>create user fred identified by password would work
>do I now need to create users accounts as create user \\domain\fred
>identified by password
>or is there a parameter where the domain name can be input. (is this Win2K
>or an oracle 81 requirement?
>regds
>mick

No. Database authenticated users are created as usual. *O/S* authenticated users - so sqlplus / will connect- have to be created *with* their domain names. This has changed in 8i. As different domains are fully allowed there is no parameter.

regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 23:41:02 CST