Re: Accessing db name in java stored procedure

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:39:41 +1300

Hi Klaus

One possible way _would_ have been to use java (java.net) to determine the hostname;

String h = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();

Whilst this works fine running from a regular JVM, from Oracle's JVM it always returns "localhost".

Other methods may have been using UTL_FILE and reading data from outside the database, but if you need to use the DB then as you suggest global_name is as good as any.