see if any / all / none of objects in schema are accessable

From: Bernd Kochs <Bernd.Kochs_at_T-Online.de>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:05:00 +0000

Hello erveryone,

I'm new to Oracle but not new to Sql .
Previosly I made some Stored Procedures in MS-Sql-Server 7.0. There was the need and there is the need to look if a table or view is accessable (exits).
If I use a select on the all_objects , I noticed , that some of the objects in other schemas are not shown to me, because my schema/user hasn't the right to see objects of other schemas.

Writing a stored procedure in oracle with the ability to do things in other schemas brings up the need to look in the dictionary of other users, which causes problems if I cannot see, if there is a table or view, then I
cannot decide in the stored procedure whether to delete or create or truncate it..

The funny thing I noticed , that I had the right to create a table in another schema , but not to see it in ALL_OBJECTS.

Regarding the ALL_OBJECTS View :

1.)If I see some Objects of a Schema that is'nt mine , I need a Function that tells me that this are all Objects in this Schema that exist.
2.)If I see no Objects in Schema , but the Schema exists (Select User from DUAL) , I need a Function that tells me that there is'nt any Object in this Schema.

Greetings
Bernd Kochs Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 14:05:00 CST