Re: tx isolation

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:14:40 GMT

"Christoph Seidel" <chris666.seidel_at_gmx.de> wrote in news:asg6od$qp79e$1_at_ID- 143718.news.dfncis.de:

> Christoph Seidel wrote:

>> can one give me some hints about how oracle is better in realizing tx
>> isolation compared with other databases (e.g. sql server)

> thanx for the answers, but none of them leads me to the answer :(
> docs are so long, so much... is multiversioning really better than
> locking?

There's no emperical data that shows that it is but why do you care? I'm not trying to be flippant but I don't think it really matters to you. If Oracle has been foisted on you, then you're going to have to learn it so you can fully exploit it. If SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL :), is your shop's DBMS of choice, then you'll have to learn it too. Soooooooooo, get cracking on the docs. :)

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com