Re: Making a little java server under oracle

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2002 09:11:48 -0800

Tim Cross <tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au> wrote in message news:<87fzth5p60.fsf_at_blind-bat.une.edu.au>...
> "Simon Harvey" <ReplyToGroup_at_thanks.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Im hoping someone can help me with a project that im doing at university.
> > I'm investigating the possibility of having a simple server application
> > written in java that runs in oracle in the usual way (loaded with loadjava)

With the addition of JVM in Oracle, most java programmers are tempted to use it instead of PLSQL engine.

What I have learned is that the first option should always be PLSQL. If for some reason you cannot do something in PLSQL (and you can do a good amount of stuff in PLSQL) or there maybe performance issues...only then explore the java option.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:11:48 CST