Re: multi-national development environment

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 01:17:25 GMT

"The Raven" <wsmc_at_flashmail.com> wrote in news:ase8k7$1bce$1_at_otis.netspace.net.au:

> Any other options and what are your thoughts?

Build yourself a Linux box on a PC and install CVS for your source code control. On the Windows machines, have them install WinCVS. All developers can 'checkout' and 'checkin' code across various platforms -- I mention WinCVS but if people are using *nix for their development, no problem.

Also, you can use 'ssh' for the secure transfer between the source server and the clients. This avoids VPN crud.

At a previous company, my entire development staff telecommuted and we set it up exactly as above. Worked like a charm!

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com