Re: Annoying SQLPLUS Problem

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 02 Dec 2002 10:45:46 +1100

"Buck Turgidson" <jc_va_at_hotmail.com> writes:

> How can I stop an explain plan from autotrace from wrapping? It doesn't on
> some platforms, but on my NT machine, it does:
>

> Execution Plan
> 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=10 Card=1 Bytes=36)
> 1 0 PARTITION RANGE (ALL)
> 2 1 TABLE ACCESS (BY LOCAL INDEX ROWID) OF 'M' (Cost=10 Card=1
> Bytes=36)
>
> 3 2 INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'MOC_ANSWER_TIME_I' (NON-UNIQUE)
> (Cost=9
> Card=1)

Along with the SET LINESIZE suggestion others have made, you can also use the COLUMN command on the AUTOTRACE 'columns'. The documentation is at:

  http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/server.920/a90842/ch9.htm#1006527

See the glogin.sql file for the default column widths on your system.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.