Problem with oracle (dbassist, ...)

From: lomba <news_at_pressemicro.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:33:45 +0100

Hi !

I've just installed Oracle 8.1.7 on my Debian 3.0 and, after one week of attempts, it works ;-)
But i've a problem because I can't user dbassist, netasst, ... : the program start, jre is in the list of process but nothing happened ! I've installed blackdown jre 1.18 for glibc in /usr/local/jre1.18 and made a link between /usr/local/java and /usr/local/jre1.18. I think i've set all the env variables. And those wizards don't want to start :-( I've read a lot of documentation but nobody speak about this problem and how to solve it.
Please help me ! :)

Thx

--
lomba