Parameterized OCI select won't work with character datatypes

From: Tomasz Romanowski <tromanow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2002 21:38:24 -0800

Hello,

I'm running Oracle 9.2.0 on Solaris 8. Using OCI I'm trying to select data from the database binding the where clause parameters using OCIBindByPos and/or OCIBindByName.
The problem is the query won't work when querying by character columns
(internal datatype VARCHAR2, external SQLT_STR). With numeric columns
(SMALLINT and SLQLT_BIN respectively ) the query works ok.
Is there anything special I need to do to query by string in OCI? The data is definitely there... Received on Sat Nov 30 2002 - 23:38:24 CST