Re: alter table move... question (logging/nologging)

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:14:48 -0800

It is not dangerous to move the table NOLOGGING, as long as you:

Transactions performed against that table after the move cannot be applied to the previous backup. A new backup of at least the datafiles containing the table must be taken in order to have something to which you can apply transactions.

I don't know for sure a lot about the internals of move, but I think it is pretty simple - just ctas or insert /*+append*/ and some dictionary management behind the scenes.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton