Re: Problem fetching data from link server once it is down and then restarted

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:00:46 GMT

Rajesh wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a stored procedure which select rows from transactional
> database and a remote database (using datbase link)
>
> Example:
> SELECT someId FROM sometable
> UNION
> SELECT someId FROM sometable_at_SOMELINK;
>
> Now, when I stop the Link server and restart it and try to execute the
> stored procedure, I get an error as
> ORA-02068: following severe error from SOMELINK
> ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
>
> I also used views and synonyms but it doesnot help
> can any body help me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Rajesh

Please return to basics and give us some background.

  1. What hardware, operating system, Oracle version and edition for the remote database?
  2. What hardware, operating system, Oracle version and edition for the local database?
  3. Why is a production box (link server) being stopped?

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 11:00:46 CST