Re: too old for college? I'm confused :(

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:58:33 GMT

Richard Foote wrote:

> "Dr DOOM" <blah_at_blah.com> wrote in message

>> Hi,
>>
>> If you finished your degree and you were then 24 or 25, would you say

> that's
>> too old for a first IT job?
>>

> Mr Doom,
>
> Having a 25 year old concerned about being too old has made this 37 year
> old very depressed.
>
> If you think you've got problems now, just wait until your firm bits start
> to go wobbly, grey hairs start to take over from the coloured and
> strenuous exercise consists of carry five bags of shopping from the car to
> the kitchen ;)
>
> I think you've got a bit of time left in you ...
>
> Richard

It's all in the mind kids...

I turned 45 this August, got my OCP 2 months after that, only been working in IT per se since 99. My whole career before that was in a totally different area. Didn't get in to "IT" until I bought a PC in my former life to hopefully lessen the $$ I was paying an accountant every year. That was about 11 years ago. I though I could type in something like "do years end" and sit back with a beer - seriously! Didnt have a clue what to do with the accounting program I bought, borrowed an intro to DOS book and went thru it, then got my hands on a copy of 123 and taught myself that to the point I had my whole business running on it (still like 123's macro language). Came to work for my current company as a supervisor, ended up doing all the spreadsheet design and eventually taught myself SQLPLUS and the rest is as they say, history.

Your only as old as you feel....

cheers Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 10:58:33 CST