Re: comma_to_table

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2002 08:17:26 -0800

In article <as81ep$p5m$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>, "s says...

>Hi !
>I'm trying to use COMMA_TO_TABLE procedure but i've got a little problem.
>When I write COMMA_TO_TABLE('a,b,c,d',len,tab) it's ok but when I write
>
>COMMA_TO_TABLE(fileout,len,tab)
>where fileout = '1,0,PERIODE,MATR,NOM,PRENOM,HESU_110,HESU_125,SALA_BASE'
>
>I've got an ORA-000932 error but when my string haven't got integer there's
>no problem.

see
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:1415803954123

for why -- the two routines comma_to_table and table_to_comma are used by replication for strings/tables of IDENTIFIERS. An identifier cannot begin with a number, hence the parser "burps" with the ora932.

you'll want to write your own little string to table routine, like:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:110612348061

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/