Accessing db name in java stored procedure

From: Klaus Micholka <micholka_at_web.de>
Date: 29 Nov 2002 06:42:52 -0800

I have a production and a test oracle 8.1.7 db. The test db is filled by a copy
of the production db.
The db contains a stored procedure, which comunicates with another programm.

The external program wants to know, which is the sending db.

How can the java stored procedure access some identifing data, like hostname,
db name or sid? I can't work with two different stored procedures because the productive is copied to the test.

Is there any other way then establishing a connection to the db (which db?)
and select global_name from golbal_name or select * form V$database; ( I dont have the rights for the last one). Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 08:42:52 CST