Re: Making a little java server under oracle

From: Simon Harvey <ReplyToGroup_at_thanks.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:27:03 -0000

Sorry, Its me again!

I have been having another think about how java works under oracle and there is something else that is really confusing me - why all the examples I've seen are declared static.

Why is that? I'm really worried that I'm in trouble with my project now -

What I need is for the little server application to run in the background and be notified when something happens. I was thinking I could perhaps have a pl/sql trigger contact the server when an event has occured.

But how would the server be notified? Would the plsql call a method of the class? Oh I'm just very confused! :(

All I want is for the server to find out about stuff and then pass that "stuff" onto someone else. But if everything is static and I cant have threads, then how how can this all work.

Id really really appreciate any information anyone has. Has anyone tried this before.

Thnaks

Simon Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 08:27:03 CST