Re: Newbie question on materialized view

From: Patrick Meyer <buckeye234_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

A quick glance at the documentation revealed the following restrictions for the ON COMMIT clause:

"Specify ON COMMIT to indicate that a fast refresh is to occur whenever Oracle commits a transaction that operates on a master table of the materialized view.

Restriction: This clause is supported only for materialized join views and single-table materialized aggregate views."

It would seem that your single table would not quailfy for the ON COMMIT clause. Remove ON COMMIT from your definition and see if it works.

HTH,
Patrick