Re: SQL Help

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 00:11:51 +0100

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:13:03 GMT, "A. G. Mueller" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:

>I am trying to take data from one table and put it into another table. One
>table exists in one schema, the other in a different schema. The columns
>aren't a one to one match, so I was hoping to manually specify where the
>data from the source table goes in the destination table.
>
>Is this possible with an INSERT statement?

Yes
insert into <table>(<column1>,<column2>,....) select <column1>,... from table

As defined in the sql reference manual online at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Please try to avoid mere syntax questions.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 28 2002 - 17:11:51 CST