pinning a table in memory

From: David Sharples <david.sharples3_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:58:40 -0000

We have a largeish table (6 million records) and the queries we have on this table are a tad slow and the disk is the bottleneck.

We have considered putting the table in cache (alter table xyz cache)

Was wondering if this would help very much seeing as though the indexes for this table is still held on disk.

Any opinions??

Thanks Received on Thu Nov 28 2002 - 16:58:40 CST