Re: XML - Oracle XML developer tool kit - is this 'scope creep'?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:50:29 GMT

"Ed Stevens" <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> wrote in message news:3de51dfd.71260547_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
> My nemisis project went to production last week (see old threads 'venting
my
> spleen' and comments in '2gb per process memory limit') and I've been
spending
> most of my time since pulling server and db performance stats, making a
case
> that those components are quite healthy and not even breathing hard.
>
> Now, on a tangent, the leader of that project wants to start doing some
> prototyping with Oracle's XML developer tool kit. A quick check of the
OUI
> showed the toolkit is already installed, but a DESC XMLDOM (as recommended
in
> the docs) indicates necessary packages have not been built.
>
> Apart from the technical merits of XML (I've only done a 'speed read' of
that
> thread!) what am I getting into here? What do I need to be watching out
for?
> Is this probably some significant scope creep, or is it a trivial
installation
> of some packages to give the developers some additional ways in which to
hang
> themselves?
> --
> Ed Stevens
> (Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)

Ed,
I just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why the xslsample PL/SQL demo procedure provided with the XDK for Win2k 8.1.7 didn't work and it turned out that "someone" forgot to put the attribute "version" somewhere in the source.
I wonder if they have tried to run this code once (at least).

Just to encourage you to pursue the research :-) Cheers,
Flavio Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 14:50:29 CST