Re: deterministic function

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:16:47 -0000

Whilst we are on this topic - has anyone every managed to prove that a deterministic function actually DOES anything special for Oracle ?

In principle, if Oracle can avoid calling the function because it has recently called it with the same input, it is supposed to re-use the output: but I've not yet managed to build an experiment where I can see this happening, even under 9.2

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk