Deleting a file from a temporary tablespace

From: Shirish Nilekar <shirish_at_shaydes.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 10:34:50 -0800

Hi,

I recently added a file, 'temp02.dbf' to TEMP tablespace on a 9i DB.

I created 'temp02.dbf' with an initial size of 100M with increments of 1M. It got created in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. Due to some huge queries involving CLOB fields this file has ballooned to 869M!! I would like to delete this file, and recreate (a smaller one, if possible) in another location. This seems possible for datafiles, but how do I do it for temp files? Thanks.

--shirish
(http://www.shaydes.com) Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:34:50 CST