Loadjava from a client

From: Simon Harvey <ReplyToGroup_at_thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:03:24 -0000

Hi there guys (and gals)

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

Is there anyway I can install the loadjava utility onto one of my clients. Its for my university project. I have oracle sitting on a machine at home but my development machine only has the client software installed. It took me a while to figure out that loadjava doesnt come with the client. That was the point i got a bit upset!

Is there anyway that i can call it from my client machine? Is there anway I can install it or just otherwise get access to it? I really need to get java into the database. I'm also trying JDeveloper, but i find it quite inconsistent. It may well be that thats because I'm not using it correctly. Doesnt anyone have any strong views about it?

What I do is make a really simple class and then have Jdeveloper make a call spec for it and then i publish the callspec? Am i right so far?

Then I check the the class is in the database and the from sqlplus, I try to call the callspec thing. But I get the reply that I'm calling an invalid procedure name or something to that effect. Thats why I need to get loadjava working.
Any help greatly appreciated

Kindest Regards
Simon Harvey Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 10:03:24 CST