ODBC connection string to an Oracle database

From: Nancy Wells <nancy_b_wells_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 08:02:00 -0800

Hi,

We are starting on the impact analysis of migrating custom code from an Oracle Apps 11.5.4 database to a 11.5.8 database.

Before we start we want to find out all the data model changes between the two databases. We want a list of all data objects (tables/synonyms etc) and views, that are unchanged between the two versions, a list of all new data objects + views, a list of all data objects that have been changed and the exact changes (column additions, deletions and column definition changes).

I checked out dbdiff. It is too expensive (>$300) for our one time need.

I also checked out dbcompare. cost only $10. Does not work with the normal tns entry. Needs a ODBC connection.

Can somone tell me what a ODBC connection string to an Oracle database will look like?

For example, here's a SQL Server connection string:

    Provider=SqlOleDb;Data Source=dbserver2;Initial Catalog=Customers;

TIA,
N Wells Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 10:02:00 CST