Re: Feedback on please

From: Angie <angie_kong_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 04:02:40 GMT

Thanks to all who replied. I am really grateful for the rational tone of the responses and for pointing out some of the errors in the document. I will check with my colleagues and seniors further on this but it looks like any changes to our plan will likely be minimal which is good since I was one of the main contributors to the original plan. :-)

I have tested Sql's failover clustering which is pretty easy to setup. However, I've read the setup instructions for RAC 3 times and I'm still not entirely confident I fully understand the process. I've installed a bunch of 7x, 8x and a couple of 9i standalone servers but never RAC or OPS. Will give it a shot next week and see how it goes. If successful I'll post my experience. Hopefully, that will help others who are lightweights like me.

Again, thanks for the great responses.

--AK