Re: ORACLE EXPORT TO EXCEL, DBASE???

From: J Alex <jalexanderssd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:14:29 GMT

"RALPHNOBLE" <ralphnoble_at_aol.com> wrote
> A state agency has a database I need and they run Oracle. They are telling
me
> it's way too difficult to export data from Oracle to Excel, Dbase or an
ASCII
> text file. Can anyone who uses Oracle advise if such is really that hard,
and
> let me know what's involved????

Well, ASCII is easy -

set pagesize 2000
spool filename.txt
SELECT *
FROM the_table
/
<Repeat as necessary for each table>
spool off

But maybe they have other limitations, like no disk space to send the output to.

Can they give you an export of the database? You can probably find an Oracle contractor in your area (try www.scguild.com) who will import it and dump it in whatever format you need. Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 21:14:29 CST