Re: Last time password was changed

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 17:55:02 -0800

Thanx for the idea Daniel, I know everything about these password profiles, but I'm stuck with a bloody application (Siebel) which is about 3 Oracle versions back in terms of integration with the database. Therefore, the message from Oracle to the users to change their password never reaches the poor Siebel users. Are all the commercial packages that bad, or I'm just unlucky? For example, Siebel still accepts only rule-based costing, has never heard of MV's or partitions, knows about 1 type of index (the B-tree), Siebel "experts" stop us from disabling indexes with ONE distinct value (that is created at Siebel installation time) without consulting them, and thinks that a freelists value of 1 is OK for a heavily-accessed table!

Daniel