Re: Problem for experts: disconnection to server

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:51:32 GMT

I was ok making suggestions within Oracle. Now I'm going to step outside my knowledge and offer a suggestion about networking. When you say your Oracle server is "remote", is it possible that the firewall is dropping the connection after 30 minutes of inactivity (no "keep alive" packets received)? I'm not a network person ... so if anyone has a better explanation of what the firewall does, please jump in here.