iFS Configuration

From: Ethel Aardvark <bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 07:49:22 -0800

To all truly clever people comes a request for help:

I am having a real problem configuring Oracle 9iFS on W2K. The first thing the configuration assistant asks for is the Net Service Name and the 'SYS' Password.
When I enter the relevant details I get about a 20 second delay and then a message saying:
"The folowing orror occurred: oracle.ifs.utile.action.  ActionFailedException: java.sql.SQLException:  ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out"

I can connect to the database via SQL*Plus using the same credentials in less than one second (the database is local), so I doubt it is a true timeout. The only thing I need to do to log in via SQL*Plus is add the "as sysoper" (or sysdba) to the end of the "connect" string or I am refused entry. (There is no opportunity for this in the config assistant.)

Can anyone help please?

ETA Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 09:49:22 CST