Re: deterministic function

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:06:55 GMT

http://www.dpsp-yes.com

> > Hi
> >
> > Is it possible to declare a function as DETERMINISTIC inside a package?
> > I tried but got an error. Works fine in a standalone function.
> > I searched this newgroups but did not find the answer. Anybody knows?
> >
> > rgds
> > Daud

Folks,
I am not sure what you say is true.
Certainly you cannot declare a function as deterministic inside the package BODY, but you can declare the function as deterministic in the package specification module. I did it several times. :-)

I will excerpt the following paragraph from the Application Development Fundamentals manual:
"This keyword (DETERMINISTIC) may be placed on a function defined in a CREATE FUNCTION statement, in a function's declaration in a CREATE PACKAGE statement, or on a method's declaration in a CREATE TYPE statement. It should not be repeated on the function's or method's body in a CREATE PACKAGE BODY or CREATE TYPE BODY statement."

Bye,
Flavio Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 07:06:55 CST