Re: FGAC

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_nospam_odbaguru.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:49:12 +1100

Niall,

In practice I spent some time fixing up a database where this had been done with little thought with regards to the performance implications. To some degree you can mitigate the risk of poor performance by having appropriate indexes on your tables. I certainly would not advocate just turning on FGAC without spending some time thinking about the implications of the where clauses extension. Personally depending on your choice of criteria for FGAC I like the concept of partitioning using the same rules, so that for most users all the data they are permitted to access resides in one partition!

Kind regards,

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration
www.brainbench.com