Replication Suggestions

From: DL <dimitris_at_cs.umb.edu>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 14:38:13 -0800

We would like to set up a data mart (target). Mainly we would like to place there what is in our production (source) database and some additional data that come from other sources (log_data etc).

We would like to check if we could avoid doing a complete load of the data that are in the production database (every time we refresh the data mart).

We have thought to use materialized views but it appears that these wouldn't work for the tables that contain blob values. Can you think of any other way? (Note: The target database should be writable and able to contain additional data (that are not contained in the source database).

Thanks a lot.

Dimitris. Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 16:38:13 CST