Password (file) question

From: <76434.1353_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:05:37 GMT

On one server I can log on (from the server console screen) with any password.

connect sys/xx_at_sid as sysdba		is ok
connect sys/xxxxx_at_sid  as sysdba 	is also fine

Can someone tell me why because I do not have this on another server

The pasword file parameter in the init.ora = " exclude "    Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 16:05:37 CST