Re: ORA-1002: FETCH OUT OF SEQUENCE

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:14:17 GMT

Andrei Romazanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a C-program,
> which communicates with dynamic SQL with ORACLE data base.
> I link the program with 8i-Libraries (oraSQL8.LIB) and
> try to connect with ORACLE 8.05-database.
> Connect is OK, but with the first FETCH I get the error
> ORA-1002: FETCH OUT OF SEQUENCE
> The same program works with oracle 8i normally.
> Same code linked with Sqllib80.lib - functions also.
> Who could explain that?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Andrei

Without a snippet of the code, I'm not sure if this is your problem.

Is the fetch inside a loop? Do you commit between loops? Do you rollback between loops? If so, you cannot fetch across commits. I believe pre-8i (eg, 8.0.x) did not catch this "bug" (feature?) all the time. Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 12:14:17 CST