Re: how do configure outlook

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 11:11:07 -0600

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk wrote:
> "Galen Boyer" <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message

>> You can't.  Outlook doesn't support nntp.  Outlook Express
>> does, only.

> I made this point a while back to Norman only to be pointed to
> the fact that Exchange can supply newsgroups and if it does
> outlook will read them :(.

Through the public folders? I think Outlook uses OE to allow for reading and posting and masks it as Outlook, but I could be wrong.

Either way, Microsoft has never even tried to make this medium a preferred medium. Instead, they redefine everybody's expectation of the power of electronic communication by providing for top-posting an entire email trail and referring to all the poorly formatted text underneath the top-posted thoughts as the "Thread".

--
Galen Boyer